WinDoctor Toolkit 2: WinSurgeon
WinSurgeon is a powerful registry utility suitable for both Administrators and simple users to control and supervise Microsoft Windows operating system. WinSurgeon enables you to easily change the hidden settings of your OS, with simple, easy to understand options. Now you don't have to explore the registry manually being afraid whether you would crash the system. You can also password protect WinSurgeon so that only you can change the settings.
You can customize your OS with WinSurgeon -- for example, if you are a PC vendor, you can add your company name and logo to the system properties dialog. Administer your system fast and the easy way - restrict users' access to OS features, like display settings or network properties. Quickly clear Most Recently Used file lists, create program aliases, there's much more inside WinSurgeon.
WinSurgeon is an advanced registry utility for both System Administrators and ordinary users who want to take control of Windows 98. WinSurgeon makes it easy to change the hidden settings in Windows 98. There's no longer any need to go digging in the registry manually and being afraid that Windows may stop working.
- Quickly access all windows hidden functions and tweaks from a list.
- You can password protect WinSurgeon so that only you will be able to change the functions.
- Lets you change the Internet Explorer toolbar background to any bitmap file you want.
- Add the manufacturer's name and logo of the PC to the system properties dialog. You can even add a number of support lines (Eg. support agreement) to the dialog, especially for system manufacturers who wants to put their name and logo on their products.
- Quickly clear all MRU File Lists (Most Recently Used File Lists).
- Restrict other users from accessing control panel applets like Network properties, Display properties etc.
- Control other behaviours of Windows 98.